Wednesday, April 07, 2010

My sequential life...

Posted from:http://lopezstudios.com/?p=222">My sequential life...

Sometimes the little things in life that make one happy return. And with them, some smiles and the knowledge that life is good. Free comic book day was May 5th. I hope everyone made it out, grabbed a fistfull of free comics, got to know your local comic shop and all in all had a great time. I started the day at my sister's house. I have been looking forward to this for a while, it's always a nice treat and an excuse to spend some time with my niece. My sister had a yard sale planned so I woke up early, picked up some coffee and donuts for the troops and headed on over. The sale went great and we got quite a bit of traffic. I woke up the lazy princess Amby and headed down to Bob's around 11. It was groovy as hell, the place was packed and there were costumed heroes walking around saying hi to the kids. Local artists were there including Kriss Kidd, creator of Big Epsilon, former Spiderman inker Sam DeLa Rosa and (one of my fave comic groups) the crew from Rubberband Press . Alex met us there and it was nice to see her enjoying the event. At the event I bumped into local artist & caricaturist Frank Zieglar, a great guy. We got to talking about how hard it is to keep up with art when life keeps coming at ya @ 100mph. I'm gonna try hard to get him to do a con soon, would love to just hang and draw sometime. Anyway, it got me wondering about how I should have done something for FCBD and how I *need* to focus on my art. I'm currently looking at the convention schedules and trying to figure out which ones I need to do. So far WWTx is a MUST.. there's also a couple of local shows I'm keeping my eye on. I had an odd experience with a client. Feel like I got ripped off... waiting for part 2 where I get ripped off even more by same client. But, I fulfilled my part and should have some good karma coming my way. I also finally did a cover for one of the nicest Comic Creators i've had the priveledge to work for. I'll be posting that soon for comments.  Also did some damage on an art project that's looming over my head. Hope to have that one finished soon as well. Anyway, had a blast and it felt good to be in a comic store and wrapping up more comic work. Yeah, I know it's nerdy but I like comics. What can I say? These are the little things that make me happy. Oooooooo!! I didn't make it to the midnight showing of Spiderman.. I didn't even make it on the first day.. wow, am I getting old or what? But Sunday, i did manage to make it to the early showing at the Quarry.. Huh? What did I think? Well, I'll tell ya... wait... actually I think this calls for it's own blog. -Freddy
LopezStudios: The Art of Alfredo Lopez Jr.

No comments: